I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Saturday 19 March 2022

Nurse's Remedy


 Nurse’s Remedy” is a 22-minute movie released by Roue in 1983.  It’s release in announced on page 3 of Roue 27 which also includes a full-page summary on page 28 and a full color ad on page 29.  “Nurse’s Remedy” is currently available on DVD through the Roue website at www.roue.com.

 

Roue released 10 movies (some in 2 parts) that were announced in three issues (21, 22 & 23) of Roue but there was a lengthy gap between the publication of issues 22 and 23 due to a management dispute.  “Caned After School” was announced in Roue 24 but there wasn’t another announcement of a movie release until Roue 27.  Issues were usually published every 2 months during this period so this is a 6-month gap.  British spanking magazines of the eighties didn’t put dates on their issues but I think Roue 27 was published around July 1983.

Julie Whitworth, a nurse with long dark hair (played by a woman who also appears in "Schoolgirl Nieces" and "Private Lessons"), is siting in a lounge when the head nurse, named Banks, who has short dark hair, walks in.  She has a letter that was sent to the hospital director, who is also named Banks, from a patient who is complaining about nurse Whitworth.  The two nurses discuss the letter in a scene where the standard of acting is low even by spanking movie standards.  Nurse Whitworth has already been warned about her conduct by Hospital Director Banks so Nurse Banks (those names have to be a mistake) decides that action is required.  Nurse Banks gives Julie a choice, corporal punishment or she will show the letter to the Director.  Can there be any doubt what her choice will be?

The punishment begins just before the 5-minute mark of the movie.  It begins with a 4-minute hand spanking that is nothing special.  Next comes a small leather paddle with Nurse Whitworth kneeling on the floor.  The paddle is interspersed with some rather inane conversation.  The paddling scene runs a little over 2 minutes and it ends with a very abrupt edit.  After the paddle the Head Nurse takes Nurse Whitworth to Director Banks office.

In the Director’s office, the Head Nurse searches through his desk looking for a leather belt that she knows he has.  She finds the belt and has Nurse Whitworth lift her skirt, lower her panties and kneel on a desk chair.  Eighteen strokes of the belt follow before the Director walks in (there is another problem with names here as the Head Nurse first identifies him as Mr. Dent and then corrects it to Director Banks). 

The Director demands to know what is going on and the Head Nurse shows him the letter.  He is still angry telling the Head Nurse that he is the one who delivers punishments and then he has her remove Nurse Whitworth’s uniform.   After another very abrupt edit, the caning is already underway.  I could almost believe that I’m watching a pirated copy of the movie that has been cut down but I’m not.   It appears that Nurse Whitworth is bent over his desk but later we see that she is kneeling on the desk chair again.  He proceeds to deliver a few quick but rather tepid stokes of the cane.  He soon decides that this position is adequate so he has her bend over and touch her toes.  The two dozen-or-so strokes that follow are harder but some of them are shown using camera effects that I find annoying.  Finally, she is back touching her toes for a final ten strokes (one of which is clearly shown twice) that are the hardest of her punishment.

I don’t think this movie was made by Alan Bell and the usual Roue team and it falls far short of their standards.  It simply isn’t very good.   The ending seems to suggest that there is more to come.  I did find one reference, a review on spankingfilmreview.com, that describes this movie as ‘Nurse’s Remedy Part 1’.  That review doesn’t give a run time but the description seems to include everything in this movie.  I haven’t found anything else to suggest that a sequel with Director Banks and Nurse Banks was ever made.

Blogger says this is my 200th post but I deleted a few of the very early posts made that I while I was still deciding the direction of this blog.  I have almost worked my way through the Roue Classic movies, those made prior to 1984, but there are a couple more that I want to cover.  After that I wanted to return to Kane since I still have many GHM movies to cover and I’ve added two new Kane movies to my collection in the past year; one provided to me by a reader and one I found on a used DVD site.  I also have a number of Moonglow movies that I want to cover and I have never touched Red Stripe which is a serious omission.  Then there is SfP, I’ve reviewed a few of their movies but my SfP filmography lists over 400 titles so there is still a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment