I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Monday 2 January 2023

A Comment from a Reader

I started work on a review of Red Stripe’s “Behind Closed Doors” movies at the beginning of November but first I got side tracked on the films of the two ‘Stephanies’ then I got busy so that review still isn’t finished.  In the meantime, I received one comment from a reader and I wanted to write a response, so here goes.  The comment was:

“You have done well to find all of these Janus movies. I had a number of them on 8mm including Perils of Penny, which was my very first spanking movie, now lost. I remember saying to someone a few years ago that Perils of Penny was the very first Janus film to be made, he seemed to disagree, but I am sure I am right.”

I am certain there is a Janus film called ‘The Perils of Penny’ because it appears in several lists of Janus movies.  It is fourth film from the bottom in the following list which comes from Janus Vol. 9 No. 12; the December 1980 issue which was the last issue published before the death of Janus editor Alan Van Okker.   

I did find a reference to a film with a similar name in the Spanking Art Wiki article on Janus.

“In the mid-1970s, Janus intermittently advertised short corporal punishment films made by other producers, e.g. Spanking for Two, Perils of Penny, and Drenched and Spanked from Harmony Films in 1976 and Home Late from School from Adventura Films in 1977. That year, George Harrison Marks made four silent Super 8mm spanking film-loops to be sold by mail order through Janus and London Life Magazine; these were Bottoms Up, Hot Ass, Whiplash, and Flagellation. Within a few months, Marks was engaged to create films expressly for Janus, priced between £12 and £25 each.”

With that lead, I looked through the few copies of Janus from the 1970s that I have and I found the following mention of a film called “Perils of Pauline” in Volume 7, Number 12 (the December 1978 issue).  It is the third film listed in the first line under the title 'films'.

I think the Spanking Art Wiki may have written “Perils of Penny” instead of “Perils of Pauline” and I also wonder if my reader is confusing of the Harmony film “Perils of Pauline” which seems to have been made in 1976 and sold through Janus with the later Janus film “The Perils of Penny” which I believe was made in 1980.  Unfortunately, I don’t have a copy of either “Perils of Pauline” or “The Perils of Penny”, and I have never seen either, so I can’t be absolutely certain that they aren’t the same film.

Finally, to my anonymous reader who left the comment, thank you for your comment, it’s always nice to know that someone actually finds these posts of interest.  I appreciate your question since I enjoy researching issues like this one.  I hope the little bit of information I have been able to add is of some value to you. 

Now, maybe I can finish those reviews I started.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Great work, I love the effort you have put into this, certainly it jogs my memory, and fills in the gaps from the past. The film I referred to was indeed called the Perils of Penny. It is about a Wife taking money from the Husbands wallet, of course he finds out and she is given a good spanking, the actress playing Penny found this difficult and was a bit distressed at times. I have had a look back to where I was at the time, it appears that I had this film in super 8mm in 1975 and took it with me to Berlin where I was stationed for two years. I later ordered a few more of the 8mm before the move to VHS. Thanks once again for your efforts, I will keep reading your post with interest.

    ReplyDelete