I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Saturday 5 October 2013

Four More RGE/Lupus Videos (Part 2)


After over a month of ‘closing soon’ notices and final discounts, the RGE/Lupus website has finally gone out-of-business.  As I noted before, some RGE/Lupus videos are available on ‘Video-On-Demand’ websites such as http://ct.vod.com/studio/2302/RGE-Films/?page_sort=rating&&&studio_id=2302 but not all are available there.

I have been working through the RGE/Lupus videos that I purchased over the years but there are four that I still haven’t reviewed.  I left these till the end because I really wasn’t impressed by any of them but I’ll give short reviews of these four just for completeness.  I’m splitting this into two parts for size reasons; the next two are the only two RGE/Lupus videos that I strongly disliked.

“The Red Reformatory: The Teddy Bear” is a 2006 video set in a reformatory for the daughters of political prisoners.  The three actresses who play the inmates obviously aren’t children but I found that even the suggestion that they were meant to be children was making me very uncomfortable.  On top of that, the movie wasn’t very interesting.  The story is all about a girl’s effort to keep the teddy bear she brought with her and eventually her room mates help her steal it out of a storeroom but they are caught and all three are severely caned.  I forced myself to watch this video again before I wrote this for the first time since I got it and I can say with certainty that I really don’t like this video. 

  
                       
(screenshots from “The Red Reformatory: The Teddy Bear” and“Stalin 2”)

Of all of the RGE/Lupus I’ve ever seen, “Stalin 2” was the one I liked the least.  It is a ‘spy story’ set in Czechoslovakia during the Stalinist era.  The makers claim it is a true story and it may be for all I know.  Four women are denounced to the secret police and taken into custody where they are repeatedly caned during their interrogation.  I had a lot of problems with this video.  It is extremely dark (in both tone and lighting) and more brutal that I really wanted to see.   I also had trouble with the subject matter since I know several people who escaped from Czechoslovakia following the Prague spring in 1967 and, although none where ever arrested, this story was just too ‘close to home’.  Again, I only ever watched this video twice; once when I downloaded it and once before writing this and I 'fast forwarded' through some scenes on this siting .

No comments:

Post a Comment