I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Saturday 15 February 2020

Punished Wife


‘Punished Wife’ is a 54-minute long movie.  I don’t know who produced the movie, or when, or what company distributed it outside of the US but it was distributed by CalStar in the US as English Spanking Classics #6 and that release is currently available on several ‘video on demand’ site such as www.hotmovies.com.  The only date that is available comes from a CalStar title card that says the original production was ‘prior to July 3, 1995’.


‘Punished Wife’ has been on the list of movies that I wanted to review for quite a while but I have been focusing on the early Kane International movies while I’ve been collecting information to help me build a better list of dates for those movies.   However, I recently received a comment about my review of ‘Naughty Nieces 1 & 2’ that made me wish I had written this review earlier, so here it is.  This last statement may seem odd but there is an obvious connection between this movie and the two Naughty Nieces movies that may shed some light on the pedigree of this movie.  ‘Punished Wife’ has only two characters but they are played by the same two actors who play the husband and wife in ‘Naughty Nieces 2’ as shown in the two vidcaps below; the first from ‘Punished Wife’ and the second from 'Naughty Nieces 2’. 




But, the two movies were obviously filmed at different times and in different places as shown in the vidcaps from the bath tub scenes in the two movies; the first from ‘Punished Wife’ and the second from ‘Naughty Nieces 2’.  




‘Punished Wife’ opens with Michael, the husband, standing by an open window, complete with traffic noise, talking to the audience for about 3 minutes.  He tells the viewers that he walked in on a film crew making an adult movie in his house when he arrived the day before and he discovered that his wife was starring in the movie.  Then he invites the viewers to watch what he describes as a true-life chronicle of just retribution.

The morning starts in the bedroom but quickly moves to the bathroom where she fills the bath tub (accompanied by very loud water sounds).  Her bath lasts over 5 minutes then its back to bedroom for another 5 minutes of hair and makeup.  I found this part of the movie was becoming tedious by the time it ended.  It is only at this point, the 15-minute mark of the movie, that her punishment begins.  Michael picks up a hair brush, orders her bends over the bed and nearly 30 smacks with the hairbrush follow.  Afterward, he leaves her to get dressed and waits for her in the lounge.


Cut to a few minutes later and he returns to the bedroom to find out why she is taking so long.  He finds her still naked and proceeds to give her a hard hand spanking.  Another cut, he is in the lounge and she enters.  Michael finds that she has ‘dressed for the camera’ and he sends her off to change while he tells the audience that he has decided on another round of punishment.  He goes off and returns with plastic ruler that looks like if might be 24-iches long.  When she returns, he has her take of her skirt and bend over a chair.  He gives her a long spanking with the ruler and a some of the strokes seemed quite hard.  Then he has her sit on the chair and gives her several strokes on the inside of her thighs that also looked quite hard.  Next, she is back over the chair for another session on the ruler on her backside, and these may even harder than the previous round.

He sends her off to clean the kitchen.  When he goes in to check on her, he is disappointed with her progress and he finds a slotted turner (I used to call it a spatula but I'm told that a spatula doesn’t have slots) in a kitchen drawer.  He has her bend over the counter and he uses the kitchen tool on both her legs and buttocks which produces a very pronounced reaction.  They return to the lounge for the final segment where she is soon naked and lying on a table.  First the ruler returns, mostly on her thighs, and then he moves on to his belt.  The movie ends rather abruptly but I don’t have any reason to believe that the CalStar version is incomplete.

There are some parts of this movie, particularly the first sequence with the ruler, that I really like but, overall, I was disappointed.  The biggest problem is pace; the movie is slow and there were several places were I just wanted them to ‘get on with it’.  The other problem is the camera work.  It isn’t that difficult to frame a shot but over and over again in these reviews I find myself complaining about poor camera work.  Maybe video cameras were still a novelty at the time.  

I still don’t know who made this movie or when.  I would guess that it was filmed in 1985 or 86 and probably not too long after the 'Naughty Nieces' movies were produced. I don't think that George Harrison-Marks played any role in the making of the movie because it doesn't have any of his characteristic touches, but that certainly isn't definitive.



No comments:

Post a Comment