I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Saturday 7 March 2020

Office Discipline


‘Office Discipline’ is an 18-minute long movie made by Imprint Productions in 1985.  It was released in the US by CalStar and that release is currently available on several ‘video on demand’ sites such as www.hotmovies.com.  I have not been able to find any record of it being released in the UK.  The CalStar tape ends with previews of four other movies: ‘Late on Arival’ (spelled that way), ‘Hitchhiker Spanked, Part 3’, ‘Chambermaids’, and ‘License to Spank’; I’m not sure if any of these are Imprint movies.  Each preview is about 5 minutes long and none is anything special.


In March and April of last year (2019) I wrote posts on four movies from Imprint Productions: ‘Mandy Bait’, ‘Naughty Nieces 1 & 2’ and ‘the Cane and Mr. Abel’.  All three movies were directed by George Harrison-Marks and one (‘Mandy Bait’) was later distributed in the UK through Kane International.  I wasn’t familiar with Imprint Productions and every since then I have been trying to find out more about the company. 

I noticed that there were Imprint Productions movies in both the CalStar English Spanking Classics and American Spanking Classics series and I wondered how the company could be both English and American.  Eventually I had the idea of doing a Google search for sites that mentioned both California Star and Imprint Productions and I found a copy of a public record from the State of California for a John Sunderland (aged 84).  If you’ve watched a CalStar movie you will have seen a number of opening cards filled with legalese.  If you’re anything like me you just fast forward through those but you may have noticed something like the card I’ve copied above

The record I found listed Mr. Sunderland’s ‘affiliated companies’ as CalStar Direct (the on-line operation), California Star Productions and Imprint Productions.  Public records show that the company was incorporated in 1982 and it still exists.  I suspect that Imprint may have been a company that financed movie makers in both the US and the UK to produce product for CalStar.  I’m still trying to create a list of Imprint Productions movies but this is proving to be challenging since I can find very few references to Imprint in any of my sources.  However, I have identified 34 movies (including 2 compilation of scenes from other movies) that I believe may be Imprint Productions and all of them are from the mid-1980.  

I haven’t found any Imprint movies produced after 1988.  CalStar marketed a series of compilation tapes called ‘Spanking Video 1’ through ‘Spanking Video 9’.  The first two, ‘Spanking Video 1’ (1986) and ‘Spanking Video 2’ (1987) are both clearly labelled as ‘Imprint Productions’ but that name is nowhere to be found on ‘Spanking Video 3’ (1989).  I know the company didn’t go out of business, so I suspect they just stopped identifying movies as ‘Imprint Productions’.  One Imprint movie I did identify is ‘Office Discipline’ which was produced in the UK in 1985.  It is a short movie (18-minutes) but that is not an unusual length for movies of this period. 

A blonde-haired woman is using a manual typewriter (at least mine was electric) in an office when there is a knock on the door.  A dark-haired woman arrives for a job interview and the two women start talking about the office manager.   The blonde tells the new arrival that the manager is very strict but she adds that ‘she doesn’t mind the occasional spanking’.  She goes on to say that she is due for a spanking that evening.  The new arrival seems shocked by this but the blonde tells her that she doesn’t mind ‘bending over once in a while’ even though she ‘cries her eyes out every time’.  She tells the new arrival that every prospective employee agrees to this arrangement before they are hired and when she is asked how she knew if she could stand the spankings she says that her predecessor had given her a trial spanking before she took the job (we can all see where this is going can’t we).  The blonde tells the applicant to buy a leather belt and met her at her apartment after the office closes.

The job applicant leaves and the blonde is cleaning her desk at the end of the day when the office manager comes in.  He reminds her that ‘it’s time for her beating’ and he ‘tells her to fetch the strap’.   She retrieves a leather tawse from a desk drawer and hands it to him then she takes her position over the desk.  He begins what proves to be a lengthy and apparently hard session with the tawse.  It is mostly filmed from behind but there are occasional closeups of her face which I always like.  The writer of one blog I read frequently complains about movies that make the punishments seem longer but included portions filmed from different angles; this may be one of them but, if it is, I didn’t care.

The scene fades to black before the punishment ends and we cut to the blonde’s apartment just as the job applicant is arriving.  The blonde starts by showing the applicant the marks left by her punishment earlier that afternoon and that evolves into a short, and rather tame, girl-on-girl scene.  Soon the blonde tells the job applicant to get the strap that she bought and then to lift her skirt and kneel over an otttoman.  The blonde starts with a hand spanking but, after another brief girl-on-girl interlude, she moves on to the belt.  A lengthy punishment follows and, part way through, the blonde position changes position to finish the punishment while straddling the job applicants back.  The movie ends with the suggestion that the two women are likely to devote the remainder of the evening to other activities.

I wasn’t familiar with this movie until I recently discovered while searching for Impact Production movies.  I have no idea who actually made this movie but it is clearly English and I wish I had found it long ago.  I remember reading one blog post where the writer explained that he preferred British spanking movies (a kindred spirit) because American movies were too ‘consensual’.  In time I came to agree with him.  It seems to me that everyone in American movies knows why they are there and there is a feeling of ‘lets just get to it’.  On the other hand, I find that many older English movies, like this one, have a feeling of ‘naughtiness’ that is missing in their American counterparts.  There certainly are some American movies that I like, several from Nu-West and Shadow Lane come to mind, but I find that too many American movies seem like they come off straight off a production line, and this is also true of the clips from most pay sites no matter where they are based.  Of course, others may disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment