I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Friday 5 March 2021

Troublesome Daughters and Suffering Asses

 

‘Troublesome Daughters’ is a 58-minute movie made by Cavern Spanking.  Its’ Cavern catalogue number is CAV-14 which makes me think it might be one of the earlier Cavern movies but the catalogue numbers aren’t always reliable indicators of date and the early movies were usually shorter (but not always).  ‘Troublesome Daughters’ was also released by 6666 productions under the name 'Suffering Asses’ and that version of the movie is currently available on www.hotmovies.com.  George Harrison-Marks also made a movie called ‘Troublesome Daughters’ but that is a very different movie.

I was looking at my list of Cavern movies trying to pick a topic for this post and down at the bottom of the list was ‘Troublesome Daughters’; one of 8 Cavern movies that I’ve never been able to find.  But I had two notes on the spreadsheet: ‘look for a large carpet beater’ and ‘check Suffering Sisters’.  I couldn’t remember what I had meant by the carpet beater reference so I went back to the Cavern Spanking webpages that are archived on the Internet Wayback Machine and I found ‘Troublesome Daughters’ in the Cavern catalogue:

That reminded me of why I was looking for a large carpet beater but it was the bottom of the three small pictures that caught my attention; I was sure I had seen that somewhere else.  I looked back at my old posts and I found a similar picture in my post on ‘A Chance of a Lifetime’.  It was similar wasn’t from the same movie.  Despite that I was still certain I’d seen that room before.  I went on to my other note about the Moonglow movie ‘Suffering Sisters’.  Just on a hunch I decided to go to the hotmovies website and search for ‘suffering sisters’.  I couldn’t find anything but then I tried searching for ‘suffering’.  One of the hits on that second search was for a movie from 6666 Productions called ‘Suffering Asses’.  That caught my attention because 6666 had re-released several Cavern movies.  I went to that movie and the last two pictures on the first strip of screen caps (below) looked a lot like the middle one of the three small pictures in the Cavern Spanking catalogue.

I found a copy of ‘Suffering Asses’ and when I watched it I found a scene near the end of the movie that includes the following:

That is a large carpet beater, and it is also obviously from the same movie shown in the Cavern Spanking catalogue.  Those similarities were enough to convince me that the 6666 Productions movie ‘Suffering Sisters’ is a re-release of the Cavern movie ‘Troublesome Daughters’.

So, what do I know about ‘Troublesome Daughters’/’Suffering Sisters’?  The short answer is very little.  It obviously features Joe Stead, a Cavern regular, and the other man looks a bit like Kane regular Larry Barnes (Sir Larry Graythorpe) but I can’t confirm that.  However, researching his identity gave me a clue about two George Harrison-Marks movies that I had never been able to identify; more about those in an upcoming post.  The three women are harder to identify.  I can’t identify either the blonde with curly hair who appears in the first segment or the dark-haired woman who appears in the third segment.  However, the blonde with straight hair who appears in both the first and second segments looks like a younger version of the woman who appears in ‘A Chance of a Lifetime’ (aka ‘The Caning Caretaker’) and ‘Humiliated Neighbors’.  That woman is identified as both ‘Jane’ and Janie’ in the Moonglow Girls Directory but I’m not convinced she is the woman in this movie.

I’m not going to describe the story in detail but the liner notes give a brief description:

Two girls are seen in a bedroom, one naked, and one not mid-gossip when their guardian walks with a displeased look on his face. He's not happy with the subject that their conversing about, nor is he happy with the fact that there is a fully naked female in the bedroom. He gives them both a spanking for good measure and notifies the parent of the other girl. They discuss and take turns spanking until they feel as though she's been rightly disciplined, leaving her to sort herself out. Later on, the second guardian has a talk with his wife, whom seems indifferent about the entire situation. She states that she's going out, to which the husband is not pleased with, and so decides to give her an attitude readjustment as well!

This is similar to the description in the Cavern catalogue (shown above).  I will add that the movie can be divided into three segments.  In the first, Mr. Stephenson walks in on his daughter (Susie) and her nearly naked friend (Shelley) as they are sharing a joint and discussing their boyfriends.  Mr. Stephenson gives Shelly a quick hand spanking and then sends her home, she never appears again.  Now it’s his daughter's turn and she receives a longer hand spanking.  The first segment runs about 7-1/2 minutes.

The second segment starts with Mr. Stephenson siting in the kitchen when Shelley’s father (Joe Stead) arrives with his bag of spanking implements.  They talk briefly and they decide to give Susie a proper punishment which involves a hand spanking in the kitchen, then they move to the living room and continue with a selection of leather straps, a riding crop, and a cane.  The second segment runs about 36 minutes.

The third segment seems almost unrelated to the first two.  Joe asks his wife about Shelley and she tells him she has gone out despite, being grounded.  She doesn’t seem particularly concerned about this and she is planning to go out herself so Joe decides that she should have the punishment he had planned for his daughter.  It starts with a hand spanking followed by a baker’s dozen swats with the carpet beater.  Another hand spanking follows but partway through his wife grabs a leather tawse off the table and starts to fight back (a nice touch).  This defiance leads to a caning that ends with her running upstairs.  The third segment runs just over 14 minutes.

The third segment is my favorite; I like seeing his wife put up a bit of a fight.  On the other hand, the first segment is disappointing and it could have been cut if it wasn’t required as set up.  A few of the punishment scenes do run on a bit too long and some of the dialogue is forced.  The technical work is good but not great and the jump between the second and third segments is rather abrupt.  Never the less, this movie is certainly well worth seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment