I love British spanking movies of the eighties and nineties and I've spent the last few years delving into their history. I started this blog to share my interest and what I've learned about it.

Can you help me find a movie? I have been able to finding a few of the Kane I've been searching for with the help of two readers but there are still several others that I'm trying to find. These include Take Three Girls, The French Maid (aka The French Maid's Flogging), Stripe Me Pink, Housewives Choice and The Real Business. Please leave a comment if you know where I might be able to find any of these.

Friday 28 May 2021

Liz Leather

 


Liz Leather (sometimes Elizabeth or Lizzie) was the stage name of a British fetish movie actress and model who was active between about 1981 and 1995.  She has a very brief mention in the British Girls Adult Film Directory as 'Liz (2)' at http://www.bgafd.co.uk/actresses/details.php/id/l00073 and she is listed in the Internet Movies Database (IMDb) at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0495314/.

I posted a review of the Imprint Productions’ movies ‘Naughty Nieces’ and ‘Naughty Nieces 2’ (vidcap above) in April 2019 and I later received a comment asking if I could identify one of the actresses.  I was very slow in responding to the comment (my apologies to the commenter) since I lost track of it.  I was eventually able to identify one of the actresses but I don’t think it was the one in his question.  The question was about the younger actress, who I believe is the dark-haired actress, but I wasn’t able to find much information about her except for one reference that suggested that her name was ‘Susie’.  I checked the BGAFD and none of the ‘Susies’ that were listed looked anything like the girl in Naughty Nieces.

However, I was able to identify the blonde, even though no one asked about her. She is Liz Leather, a British fetish actress and model who was active between about 1981 and 1995.  Based on the information that I could find she was born in 1957 and several references connect her to Manchester in the north of England.  She was noted for having a deformed finger and she often wore gloves in her photo shoots. 

('Three Cases to Answer For' and 'When the Cats Away')

George Harrison-Marks directed the Naughty Nieces movies and Ms Leather would go on to appear in 4 Kane Internal movies as well as the filmed version of 3 Kane parties.  She is almost unrecognizable in an outrageous black wig in ‘Country Cousins’ (which I will review someday);  the photostory for that movie appeared in issue 40 of Kane magazine.  She also appeared in ‘When the Cats Away’ (KI 8, photostory in issue 38), ‘Three Cases to Answer For’ (KI 55, photostory might be in issue 52 which I don’t have) and ‘Rawhide in Rotherhithe ..’ (KI 59, photostory in issue 63).  I’ve never seen ‘When the Cat's Away’ or ‘Three Cases to Answer For’ so please leave a comment if you know where I could find either of these.  

('Rawhide in Rotherhithe ..' and 'Country Cousins')

I found a reference that said she appeared in one of the Fiona Cooper videos but I don’t know which one.  She also made several hardcore movies (5 are listed on the Internet Movie Database) and her modelling work included a variety of other fetishes beside spanking as well as a lot of soft-core ‘glamor’ work in magazines like Parade.  She often worked with a photographer known as John Leather and I doubt the similarity in their working names is a coincidence.  She was extremely popular in her day but it appears that the 1995 Kane party film ‘Hot Cross Bum Live!’ (below) was filmed very near the end of her career.  I couldn’t find any evidence that she was active after 1995. 


No comments:

Post a Comment